Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In the dark

Everything is up in the air right now, as is status quo when dealing with the USMC. As some of you may know, Eddie recently changed jobs within the Marine Corps, his new field will be Intelligence, he will be doing all the computer stuff he loves to do. He also re-enlisted for another 4 years. Hopefully sometime this month we will find out the date for his Intel School, which happens to be here where we are, so once we find that out, it will give us an idea of when we leave. The class is 3-4 months long. It's been decided that CA is where we are shooting for as far as where we want to end up. One of Eddies best friends Corey is out there in the Intel unit, so they would get to work together. Coreys unit has already been to Iraq twice, and is set to go again in September. I hate to say I am hoping Eddie gets to Coreys unit, because I would never hope for him to go to Iraq, however, anywhere we go next he will end up going, and the bonus with the CA unit is that they deploy for 6-8 months rather than 12-14. I also know that Corey will take care of him, he already told me he would have access to email amost daily and could probably call every couple of days. Thats a really good deal, trust me. If we find out that CA is the next duty station, and that Iraq in Sept. is on the menu, I will probably end up staying out here in VA in the condo, near my parents, and finish school up at ODU. By the time I was done, Eddie would be returning home. I know that it will be a trying time but I will have school to keep me busy and family close by as well as my VA friends, just like when Eddie came out here for 8 weeks before we moved, it'll be over before I know it. I figure if I start preparing myself now, maybe by the time it actually happens I will be strong and prepared. Of course this is all just a possibility, they could send us to Egypt for all we know! I hate not knowing where I am going to be living at the end of the year, where Eddie is going to be or what I will be doing. I just have to leave it up to fate, the Marine Corps, and the big man upstairs. So I guess I'm asking for prayers that things will work out for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am a little selfish.. but i hope eddie gets orders to CA too!