Thursday, February 23, 2006

snowflakes and office supplies

SO, I've been put in charge of ordering the office supplies at work, a duty I am honored to have. Seriously, I LOVE office supplies. It's the only thing I really like about all the fall "back to school" hubbub. I especially love pens and highlighters, I have no idea why, I just do. I ordered office supplies on Tuesday and they came in yesterday....sweet! I got a package at work, is it my birthday or what?! I got a whole set of new highlighters...retractable highlighters at that...they are the shit, and then two new purple highlighters. Thrilling!

Snowflakes....everyone knows that no two are alike, and I have always seen beautiful pictures of snowflakes, magnified a million times. For some reason though, I never really thought that snowflakes really looked like all the pictures I had seen. When you see snow falling it looks like small blobs. Earlier this week it snowed here in the great state of VA. As I was walking between classes I noticed a few flakes of snow sticking to my jacket and scarf. Upon close inspection I was amazed that I could actually see the little details in each flake, they really DO look like the pictures. It was really an amazing realization. So, as the flakes continued to fall I inspected each one that landed on me and was really just in awe of how small and intricate these little things were, even when looking with the naked eye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Molly!! Did you get my email? This is your favorite cousin, Katie. I just got your voicemail yesterday. I emailed you. Email me back you churro!