Sunday, September 04, 2005

Politics

Ok so seriously, I really don't like talking politics with people...why? Because my views aren't going to change and neither are theirs, so whats the point? Yeah, I don't talk religion either. But back to politics. I'm going to rant because I recently commented on a blog that was negative to "W" and as i am sure most of you know, I support the prez 100 percent. My only comment on the blog was "I heart Bush" I did not bash the opinion of the author or offer up any of my point of view to criticize or demean their opinions or points of view. Someone else commented on this particular blog, and ripped into me, for my small and non-judgemental commentary. I was called ignorant numerous times and told that I must have been living in a plastic bubble for the past 5 years if I am in support of the president. My blood is still boiling over it. First off, I know and am good friends with the author of the original blog post, so I know that its ok for me to share my political views with them. I have never met and have no idea who this person is who decided to judge me solely based on my one sentence in support of the president. Who are they to call me ignorant based on something like that? To me, THAT is ignorance. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of religion and politics and all that contoversial stuff, but I just don't understand why people think that is lisence to call people names and judge them and their character solely based on a political view (and might I add that "I heart Bush" does not say much about my views, merely that I support our president) True, i dont agree with him on all of his platforms, but for the most part I do, and I think he is doing a great job...however, i said none of that, and was still judged, called ignorant and was told that "you make me sick", by a complete stranger. This is exactly why i dont do politics, it seems that most people are not willing or open to any other point of view, and everyone jumps to conclusions and gets heated and then we apparently resort to being juvenile and claiming ignorance on the other persons behalf. My response to this type of situation is always the same "You are calling me ignorant based on the mere fact that we do not share the same political views, how does that make me ignorant. Ignorance is being un-informed and I am definately informed, I know what I believe and why I believe it. Now who's ignorant?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah.. i side with you sucka!! i just stopped checking the updates.. my brain was splitting from all the leftist talk.

Lewis house said...

Well done