Monday, November 28, 2005

Hooray for Holidays

So it's finally Christmastime...I really do love this time of year. I love Christmas music and lights and the feeling in the air, it really is magical. We had a nice low-key thanksgiving at my parents house, a distinct contrast between last years hectic gathering before the wedding. I had lots of homework I was supposed to do this weekend, I didnt do any of it...oh well, that makes for a VERY busy week this week. I hate it when that happens. I went shopping on "black friday" with my mom and gramma, I think thats the first time I've ever been, and it really wasn't as bad as I expected, Target was the only place I wanted to run people down. I will be avoiding that store until sometime in January. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, I really can't believe its already been an entire year! It blows the mind. I kept thinking about what I was doing last year all during the day, I would look at the clock and say "at 10am we were decorating the reception hall", "at 2pm I was getting my hair done" etc etc, it was neat to think of yesterday in terms of our wedding day. Eddie brought me flowers and we exchanged gifts...I got a second wedding band to wear on top of my anniversary ring, so now I have a band on each side, how stoked was I?!?!?!?!? Man, I got myself a keeper : ) Either that, or he got tired of me "hinting" about it, ha ha ha. We had a lovely dinner at The Painted Lady in Norfolk, we had the little private wine room to ourselves and there were only 2 other tables with people at them. It was perfect. We came home and cut the cake, it wasnt as good as our wedding cake, but I spose everything tastes better on your wedding day. (For anyone who doesnt know-our Fridge conked out while we were out of town so we lost everything in the fridge/freezer, including, the top layer of our beloved wedding cake, so I had the top of it re-created to eat on our anniversary) I let Eddie smash some cake into my face this time : ) I think I'll be going home tonight to watch the wedding dvd and reminisce further.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pandorasfoxx, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on wedding planning schedule I somehow ended up on your page. As your Hooray for Holidays is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about wedding planning schedule, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

i hope when you watched the dvd.. you made sure to watch my sentimental greeting to you. all good greetings include a drunk prescreen in the beginning!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hi Pandorasfoxx, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on planning african american wedding, I ended up on your page. Your Hooray for Holidays shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about planning african american wedding.

punk said...

lets try something new this holiday season like care about something else other than ourselves and our family lets care about the people in pakisatn and how now because of the earthquake none of them have home and most dont have a family anymore along with disease post tramatic stress the himalayan winter is coming in

Anonymous said...

how random are your friggin comments?? i love this entry.. and i am glad you feel like it is christmas.