Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Home is where...you spend lots of money

We went to NC for the home inspection last weekend. Fortunately the inspector didn't find anything of major consequence, just a few cosmetic items here and there. We did notice something that we missed completely upon our first viewing of the house. The door molding/frame around the 2nd bathroom door on the inside has been completely demolished by the tenants dog. Apparently they locked it in there and he tried to chew and claw his way out. We are hoping they are inclined to replace that before we move in. The back yard is ginormous and right now it has a super cute white picket fence, unfortunately Lola is small enough to squeeze through the slats and Didymus, being the circus dog that he is, could easily jump over it. This means immediately upon moving in we are going to have to spend around $1500 to put up a privacy fence. Don't get me wrong, I definately would prefer a privacy fence but the little picket fence is just so cute, and with everything else we have to buy its a little overwhelming. I did recently realize how adult I am becoming (or maybe its just how boring I am becoming) when I become excited at the thought of buying a new fridge. However, I am definitely more excited at the possibility of a new sectional sofa. I think it would make a world of difference in our new living room. Other than all that things are just moving along, we got our loan paperwork in the mail and now we just have to sit and wait to find out if the tenants/current owner of the house want to fix everything we asked them to fix.

No comments: