The house is set to close August 11 so we are in the thick of things with paperwork and credit reports etc. etc. It's getting exciting. Most things seem to be running smoothly. The owner agreed to complete all of the repairs we requested and right now we are just waiting to hear back from the appraiser about how much the house was appraised for. The septic system was inspected and it needs to be emptied and cleaned...another $150. They really ding you every little step of the way on things when you are buying a house. We're currently battling it out with a credit company over an item on Eddies credit report. They have a card with a balance due which he asserts he did not open. It looks like in order to secure our loan we are just going to have to suck it up and pay off the $250 and argue with them about it later. $250 may not seem like a huge deal, but in the grand scheme of things its annoying. We may not end up getting a new bed...or a new sofa....boo.
On the school front...I am completely frustrated with UNC. I keep running into obstacles every single step of the way. My current issue is an attempt to track down my immunization records which my mom says got lost back in the day during my parents divorce. I had my high school fax me a copy of what they had but UNC won't accept it because its just a form my mom filled out. If I end up having to get a shitload of shots all over because of this I am going to be livid...and I'm well on my way to that point with them anyhow.
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment