Well its almost here, the house closes this Friday...3 days from now. I am still waiting for something to go wrong, buying a home has been WAY too easy. I went into the whole situation not knowing a single thing about buying a home, and I still don't know anything...and yet we have a home...weird. I'm gonna go ahead and chalk it up to our KICK ASS realtor and the fine ladies at Coastal Mortgage for moving things along through this entire process. Really the only bumps in the road have been me trying to get information from Eddie; since he is in this class he doesn't come home every night and there's a lot of info that I can't access myself, even on his behalf. Today I call to set up our homeowners insurance, and thats the last major element for me to tackle, now I can just sit and wait for the closing papers to arrive in the mail. Eddie will sign them, and we will mail them right back, and as easy as that we're 128,000 in debt, WOO HOOO! Why 128k rather than the 126k we were originally paying you ask? Well, much to our great glee the house appraised for 2100 over asking price! Instant equity!!! So, this gave us the option of paying the 126k and paying closing costs out of pocket (read-$2800...ouch) OR, financing the house for its appraised value (128K) and having the owners cover 2k of our closing. So, of course, we went with the second option so that we have more available cash to build the fence, buy a bed etc. At every turn it seems things have worked out in our favor.
I'm still trying to figure out how to beat the system in regards to UNCW and my non-existant immunization records. If anyone has an idea I'm open to most anything at this point if it means escaping having ALL of the shots re-administered. I am headed up to campus next week for the dreaded orientation. In protest of the uselessness of it all I plan to wear an ODU t-shirt...HA! That'll show em'! Although I am def. NOT looking forward to the whole orientation thing I am looking forward to seeing the campus and the surround town/city of Wilmington. I hear it's quite nice. Of course, before any of this can happen I have to navigate my way from here in VA over there, and as some may know my directional skills are lacking, to say the least. At least I'll have my trusty XM radio to keep me company for the 6 hour drive.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment