Monday, August 14, 2006

Needing a weekend from my weekend...

Saturday night we had a party at Nate and Andreas house complete with luau theme. It was such a blast. I kept thinking that it was sort of like my wedding, all of my friends were there and I felt like I didn't have enough time to spend with everyone! Thank you to everyone who rolled out, I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! I have a new favorite drinking game courtesy of Hambone...it's called Drinkmaster Says, the main reason I like it is because it doesn't require you to think or have strategy and it makes you do ridiculous things like talk out of the side of your mouth or spin around and say "I'm a twister!" I highly recommend it.

I woke up around 11:30 on Sunday morning and we (Eddie, Nate, Andrea, Karen and I) rolled out to "The Village Inn" for breakfast. It's like a ghetto Ihop except the food is way better!!! We all grubbed down, went back to the Popes to clean a little and I was home by 3pm, in bed, napping. I got up at 5 and picked up Karen to head to the Kenny Chesney concert. It was sooooo much fun! What a way to round out a weekend. Kenny really puts on a great show. Uncle Kracker made a cameo appearance to sing "when the sun goes down" with Kenny. They also sang the Uncle Kracker hit "follow me" and they covered Kid Rock's "Cowboy". My throat is sore today from continually hooting, hollaring, and screaming "I love you Kenny". As it should be.

Country concerts are the best time, especially when you have lawn seats, it just doesn't get any better. Everyone is just rocking out having a great time and theres incredible electricity in the air. As I was singing along and clapping and dancing I kept thinking about how much fun I was having and how I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was there with awesome friends and everyone was loving life. It makes me sad to think that I will be leaving soon. Granted its not that far away but things won't ever be the same....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you wouldn't trade it for anything?? what about tickets to 112?? hmm.. thats quite a conundrum.. :) miss you girl.. can't wait to stay in my "joey" room