Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Un-neighborly neighbors

I can't remember if I have previously blogged about our neighbors and the noise...so if I have forgive me...and if not then here's some news. On two previous occasions while I have been in our bedroom I have heard our neighbors having sex. And it wasn't a quiet noise that I had to strain to hear, it was the woman...screaming and moaning at the top of her lungs. Disgusting? Yes! So, both times I have walked over to the wall we share with them and banged on it. Just to let htem know, "Hey, I can hear you...shut up!" We live in a condo so people have to be aware of their neighbors, plain and simple. Just because you own the place doesn't mean you have the same rights you would as if you were in your own home.

The saga continues...

A couple weeks back after driving home from my orientation at UNCW I was unwinding for the night, watching my recorded episode of project runway and surfing the internet when there was a knock on the door. Eddie was staying out at the base that night and it was after 9 so I really had no idea who it could be. I opened the door and it was the neighbors. They had come to complain that there was some bass pumping so loudly they could hear it in their bedroom and they were sick and trying to sleep. They went on to say that the smae thing had occurred the night before and they had checked with all the other neighbors and so it must be us. WELL...I told them that the night before nobody had been home, I was in Wilmington and Eddie had been at the base, and that presently I was merely watching Project Runway which isn't some action based movie or anything with lots of bass. Even so, they insisted it was us. Whatever...

Oh yes...it gets better...

Last night around 9:45 we had a knock at the door and who happened to be standing on our porch? Oh yes, thats right, the POLICE! Apparently they had received a noise complaint against us, can you guess who called them? Fortunately the police were really nice, we told them that we were watching tv (the Gilmore Girls...another bass-less show) and that Eddie had been in the attic for about 10 minutes bringing things downstairs for the move so that might have been what they heard. The police said they hadn't heard anything as they were coming up to our place so they basically said it was no big deal. I couldn't believe it! Really, I still can't. First of all, who calls the police BEFORE going over to someones house and asking them to be quiet or turn it down or whatever? Secondly, who calls the police when the noise they heard (assuming it was Eddie in the attic) lasted like 10 minutes?

I'm hoping the police went over to their place and told them they didn't hear anything so that the neighbors felt like jackasses. I also hope they call the police again, cuz I know when they come back they won't hear anything then either. And, I also plan to make as much noise as possible the night before we move.

No comments: