Wednesday, August 09, 2006

World Trade Center

I'm torn...I don't know exactly how I feel about this movie. Part of me sees the previews and thinks it looks really moving, and I can only imagine the amount of crying I would be doing in the theater. But another part of me has a problem with a movie being made for entertainment purposes based upon a relatively recent tragedy (after all, we're still fighting a war brought on by the events) and a profit being made from said movie. I've read that some of the profit from ticket sales will go to some sort of charitable fund relating to 9-11 victims and their families but unless the entire profit from the movie goes to that fund then I have a problem with money being made from this tragedy. The movie has gotten rave reviews which I guess signals the fact that the nation is ready to move on. So, do I see the movie and support the progress and healing of America and in buying my ticket contribute a percentage to the victims families fund; or do I continue to see the movie as commercial exploitation of a horrific tragedy?

No comments: