Well, we closed on the house as schedule on August 11th and everything went off without a hitch. I am still suprised that buying a home was so incredibly easy. I attended orientation at UNCW last week. The 4.5 hour drive wasn't too painful but I remembered why I don't like to travel long distances in my car because its pretty uncomfortable after about an hour. I stayed with a family friend while I was in Wilmington for the night. Orientation was pretty boring, but painless. The campus is really lovely, all brick buildings and lots of foilage. I am looking forward to attending in the spring. As for now, I have registered for an online class in sociology so we will see how that goes, its my first online class. All of the faculty that I met during orientation was really nice and helpful. Thankfully UNCW has accepted ALL of my credits, thats right ALL of them. I really thought I was going to get sheisted out of some. So, as of now I have 89 credits. I've decided to go for a minor in sociology which only adds an additional 6 classes. I also want to get my certificate of professional writing which I think should only add one or two additional classes because my degree will be in professional writing. All in all I am pretty excited about my future at UNCW.
The movers are coming in two weeks so we are starting to get things ready. Eddie is going to start taking everything off the walls and I have to go through about 6 garbage bags full of clothes and decide what to get rid of. I am considering selling stuff on ebay since most of my clothing is in such good condition. I am curious to see what sort of refund we get on our security deposit (and can I just say how excited I am not to have to pay a security deposit again!!!!) since our deposit was 1000 even if we were to only get half back I would be thrilled! That means more $ that could go to the new house or things to put in it.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment