Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Have you seen my shoes?

There was once the most fabulous pair of shoes that ever existed...and they were mine. Ross is one of those stores that happens to be hit or miss, and one fateful day, it was a big hit. For it was there, among the shelves filled with hideous and outdated shoes that belonged back in the 80's...it was there that I found them...my beloved grad shoes. The perfect mix of style and fun they were a black 3 in platform with ankle strap and a footbed of soft leopard print fur fabric made possible by City Snappers, who wouldn't love them? For a steal at 14.99 I snatched them up quickly, it was then that a beautiful frienship was born. My grad shoes took me dancing for hours on end on a weekly basis at the grad. Those shoes took me to frat parties and house parties abound. Those shoes suffered extreme beer spillage and scuffing, but I never stopped loving them. Eventually, after about 4 years of continuous weekend wear, they began to stink. A stench of beer, feet, puddles and overall disgust began to radiate from them. I held on to them long after I should have, to the point where I would wear them out dancing, and take them off outside the house and leave them to "air out", I could not bear to part with them. Finally, the dreaded day came that I did indeed throw them away. I have since searched high and low for a replacement half as sassy, half as funky, half as....me....have you seen my shoes?

No comments: