Thursday, July 14, 2005

Imagine...

Have you ever looked up at the sky and seen an airplane up there, and thought to yourself "I wonder where all those people are going?" I did this morning. Today I imagined there was a soldier on the plane who was flying to CA to reunite with his love, after being at war in Iraq for the past year. I imagined him on the plane, nervous and excited and unsure. Unsure of if their love will be the same, unsure of if she will accept the changes that have happened to him as a result of what he saw. Then I thought about the girl. She got up this morning and all she could think about was him...how he was coming home...FINALLY coming home. She wants it to be time to leave for the airport already, but she still has the entire day to wait. She wonder if he will still love her. She wonders if he will like her short hair. Will he even notice that she lost weight? She wonders how much he has changed and if he kept all her letters. Then I think about when they actually meet again. I see the embrace at the airport, not caring if they are in anybodys way, they hug and never want to let go...its the perfect moment....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and then his new Vietanamese wife steps off the plan with her mother and fifteen cousins.... welcome to the military haahaa