Well, everything has fallen into place (sort of) since my last major post. Eddie got his orders, we are headed to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina for the next undertermined number of years. I have to admit, this was probably my first choice for our next duty station. For one, because we will be only 3 or so hours away from my family here in VA, as well as our friends here. Two, because we will still be able to drive to Indiana, granted it will be a 15 hour drive, but thats still do-able as long as the driving nazi is at the wheel. Three, its not a major move, as opposed to moving cross country out to CA, we only have to move a few hours away which is much less of a stressor.
Right now I'm looking into schools, looks like my choices are going to be Eastern Carolina University and University of North Carolina, Wilmington. I am researching the schools and all that jazz to see about transferring credits and all that mumbo jumbo.
Unfortunately things are moving along a lot quicker than we might have liked. Eddie has to check into his new unit by the end of May. Which means he will be living in NC from the time he checks in (in May) until he gets a class date to come back here for the 3 months at Dam Neck. Originially we thought I would just live here and then when he came back here for his class he could just come back home. Unfortch, thats not going to happen. A. the BAH in NC is 300 dollars less than it is here, which means we would have to pay 300 out of pocket for our rent. B. in NC they might not allow him to live in the barracks which would mean he would have to rent a home and we def. cannot afford to pay rent in two places. So, we are moving at the end of June, so I can finish up my summer school classes. The previous plan was for me to be here until the end of the year, that way i could take classes in the fall semester and not fall behind at all, now I am going to miss a semester, Im not very happy about it but we dont have much of a choice in the situation. So, come June we will head down to NC and check out houses, we are hoping to buy a home down there because they are so much cheaper. Once Eddie gets his class date he will come back up here for 3 months and live on the base, I'll be stuck in NC by myself, but at least I will have the dogs. If I'm lucky we might have a house I can spend my time working on.
My job is a whole different story. I havent told my boss about moving in June yet. When I mentioned to her that we were moving towards the end of the year she said "oh god, i might have to commit suicide" hence the reason I am hesitant to tell her we're moving much earlier than expected. There is a possibility that I will be able to tele-commute, which would be a Godsend, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for that. It would be so much less stressful to be able to move and not have to worry about finding a job.
On a different note...my birthday was last week. I'm officially a quarter of a century old, and really its the first birthday I have had that has felt different. I feel like I am adult, its weird. YOu spend your entire childhood wanting to grow up, and now I want to go back. I never thought I would actually WANT to be carded, but I do. Its really weird. It feels like 21 was just yesterday and getting carded seemed like such a hassle. The pressure to finish school feels more intense now, I am already 25, I need to hurry up and get into the real world, get a job and start my adult life. I am looking forward to the move because I feel like my life is in such a transition that now is a perfect time to have a little change.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment