Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Goings-On

Here I am again with some little tidbits about whats going on in my ridiculous life. Last Friday we went to see the Rascal Flatts concert at the ampitheater and it was the best concert yet! You could tell they really love what they do and the show was just amazing! Saturday Andrea took me to dinner (Mexi of course) where I indulged in the famed "cups-o-liquor" at El Tapatillo, it was good times. It's really going to suck moving away from Andrea and Nate, and all my other friends too...grrr. At least we aren't going far, everyone is welcome to come stay in our guest room!!!!!

I'm sure everyone knows that yesterday was the 5th anniversary of 9-11. I was having a hard time holding it together. Today is the 5th anniversary of my grandfathers funeral so the two events overlap and make for an emotional few days for this chickie. Add to the fact that we are moving this Saturday and its not a pretty picture. So, in an attempt to cheer myself up I went to the movies last night. Eddie is down in NC until Friday night so, for the first time in my life I went to the movies by myself...and it was great. I went and saw Talladaga Nights and if you like Will Ferrell then this movie is for you. I was laughing so hard, and I wasn't afraid to laugh loud even though I was by myself, it was a small dose of liberation.

Because of all the stress this week is going to be dumping on me (9-11, Grandpas death anniversary, moving, craziness at work, etc etc) I am pampering myself tonight. I have an apt. for a massage at 6:15 and I plan on getting a pedicure before that and I am going to treat myself to sushi for dinner...yummm! The rest of the week is going to be crazy busy. I have work everyday and I am trying to get a lot of things tied up before I leave and figure out what documents etc. I need to take to my new "home office". Tomorrow night is dinner with Rach at Katana (yum sushi 2 nights in a row!) followed by wine and wunway at her house with the Mels who I will all miss dearly! Thursday I have to be home for the fumigators to come and then later my office is throwing a little get together for me in honor of my leaving, even though I'm not leaving my job....so thats nice of them. Eddies 27th birthday is on Thursday as well, but he won't be in town so we will be celebrating a little Friday night when he comes home. Friday the carpet cleaners are coming and the cable guy is coming to get the remotes and boxes etc and Eddie comes home and we do the final pack. I am going to have to find time in there for someone to come clean the place...cuz I'm not doing it.

Saturday we move into our new home....I can't wait! Its bittersweet, but I suppose thats how most moves work, at least when you are moving out of the area.

A side note-We are supposed to find out this week if Eddie is being promoted to Staff Sgt. so everyone please keep your fingers crossed and send one up for him, he really deserves it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.. 5 years.. crazy huh?! a lot has happened to us in 5 years. i am so glad we are still besties! :)