Monday, June 30, 2008

much needed

I'm heading up to the VA this Thursday for a much needed dose of my VA pals. I hate that work makes life so bogged down sometimes that you can't find time to catch up with or visit friends. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster going non-stop full-speed since graduation and while I like keeping busy, I don't like that I haven't been able to find time to visit friends. Sure, I've had free weekends, but sometimes you need to use the weekend to just vegitate, and recoup all the energy put out during the week. While the drive to the VA isn't long or difficult, it still takes it out of you and when there's zero energy left in the bod at the end of the week, driving anywhere doesn't sound like a good plan.

In any event, Eddie is heading to IN for a week for a family reunion. Unfortch I can't go because all of us reporters are crucial cogs in the giant machine that is The Daily News and I couldn't get time off, so instead I'll take my three day weekend and use it wisely in VA. Sushi, dancing and alcohol here I come! Oh yeah, and maybe I'll throw some fireworks in there too, since it's fourth of July and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey - I tagged you for a blog meme and award - check out my blog, see if you can figure it all out. Let me know if you need help with the pics.