Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fridge Meme

So, I don't know what the heck a "meme" is and I'm too lazy to look it up on dictionary.com. BUT, I was tagged by my friend over at Ladypug Mugs for a Fridge Meme, so here we go.


Here are the rules:
  • Show us a photo of the front of your fridge

  • Tell us about at least one thing on it

  • Tell us at least one thing you keep inside it

  • Tag your friends and remember to stay COOL! (no fair cleaning it up first!)
Here's our lovely frigidaire. I'm obviously a fan of the cluttered look:
We've got the obligatory USMC magnet in the top left corner, matching "I heart my Jack Russell" and " I heart my Rat Terrier" bone magnets, various family photographs and magnets from our honeymoon in Mexico and other places Eddie has traveled for work like Guantanamo Bay.My personal favorite Happy Bunny Magnet says "Hey you made me throw up a little." There's also a save the date for my brother's wedding in November and a calendar page with a quote from Joan Rivers that says something about hating housework because you clean everything and 6 months later you turn around and have to do it all over again (that's exactly how I feel!)





Here's the glorious side of our fridge:



Prominent items are the black and white picture of my grandfather, a Jesus magnet, a postcard my brother sent us from San Francisco, a save the date from my sister-in-law's wedding last year, and the change of address postcard we sent out when we moved to NC.

There isn't anything too thrilling inside the fridge, just the usual items. There are leftovers from last night's sun dried tomato fettuccine alfredo, but the sauce came out of a jar so I can't claim it. However, there are ingredients for pecan crusted chicken tenders in there, as well as a 6 pack of Corona.

There's an award attached to this meme thing, but I think I'm too lazy to fuss with it. I will however tag a few of the blogs I read, although I don't have seven:

1. Timmi Chimmichunga

2. LisaBoo

3. Sarah Nielson (I pretty much just lurk on her site and she has no idea who I am so I doubt she will do this, but here's hoping)

Most of the blogs I read regularly have huge followings (like Dooce ) and number 3 on my list so I don't really have more people to nominate, but I'm hoping at least one person follows through!

Three cheers for refrigerators!






























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay - good job! You forgot to mention the stolen diamond ring magnet on the front of your fridge, BTW.....

Anonymous said...

oh, and according to urbandictionary.com, 'meme' is defined as:
4 : in blogspeak, an idea that is spread from blog to blog

5 : an internet information generator, especially of random or contentless information

(Etymology : meme : derived from the Greek mimëma, 'something imitated', by Richard Dawkins in 1976)

Anonymous said...

project dogway competition is up!! Check it out and let me know if you're in!

Rachel said...

Your Letter is ..... "B" - go for it!