Tuesday, October 07, 2008

10 things I like...




My friend The Duchess over at ladypugmugs posted a blog last week that she borrowed from another blogger. Her blog was ten things she likes that start with the letter "F", I asked her for a letter and she gave me "B"






Here's 10 things I like that start with the letter "B"












1. Brie: I've always been a big fan of cheese but brie takes the cake. It's on the stronger side but I could seriously eat an entire wheel of this stuff in one sitting if it was socially acceptable.

2. Busting a movie: Did someone say dancing? I used to go out dancing every Wednesday night and I miss being able to do that, but I guess that's what being an adult is about sometimes. There's something about moving to the music and feeling free and also getting a little bit of a workout too.

3. Bandanas: I've got them in almost every color. They work great to cover up a heinous hair day when I have to run a quick errand and they are good to wear to the beach to keep things under control. I'm also a fan of putting my hair into two braids and throwing on a bandana. It's a little Ellie May Clampett but I'm ok with that.

4. Bread: Bread and brie are a natural match, but I'll take bread in pretty much any form available. I really enjoy dipping crusty bread in olive oil.

5. Bocci ball: My parents introduced me to this game when I was younger and I've been a fan every since. I may not play it a lot but it's always fun to get out and spend some time outdoors with the game. Basically it's a game of balls played outdoors. There is one ball that is about the size of a ping pong ball that is tossed in the yard, not too far, but not too close either. Two people can play or you can have two teams. Each team or person has three balls that are about the size of big grapefruit and the point is to try and get your big ball closest to the little ball. The person/team with the most balls nearest to the little ball gets points.

6. Books: I love buying books and I love reading books, although I don't make as much time for reading as I'd like to. Right now I've probably got a backlog of 20 books I've purchased and haven't had the chance to read. Going to Barnes and Noble and grabbing a coffee and then parusing the aisles trying to find more interesting titles. I've got a list a mile long on amazon.com of books I want to read.

7. Birthdays: Particularly my own birthday. There's something special about a day that is all yours. But I love to buy gifts and plan for other people's birthdays as well.

8. Brandon Tyler: This is a friend of mine who is an AWESOME musician. His music is the perfect combination of rock and mellow stuff that I can't get enough of. He is destined to be a star so keep your eye on him. http://www.myspace.com/brandontyler

9. Baking: I may not do a lot of it but I really enjoy it when I do. Someday I'll devote more time to baking and showcase all my sweet skills (pun intended).

10. Beans: Any shape any size, I love beans. Green beans, pinto beans, black beans, refried beans, navy beans, kidney beans...I especially love a bean burrito. I think growing up in CA may have something to do with my particular love of refried beans. I could eat refried beans and rice every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! thanks for playing. And I've totally eat an entire wheel of brie by myself in one sitting. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not gonna deny.

Do you want to help me bake another pumpkin-pumpkin pie when you come in to town since you like baking so much??

jen @ marshmallows and margaritas said...

I also heart bocci ball. And I totally kicked Derek's butt at it when I was at your sweet party. In Michigan there is a totally awesome Italian restaurant with bocci ball courts that rocks my face off. I wish we had one here.