Friday, March 03, 2006

utter disgust

I am currently engaged in a political argument via email with a bleeding heart hippy, and things are about to get ugly. I hate to talk politics, I really do, because there's always someone who can't discuss in civil manner and resorts to name calling, and nobody is ever going to change their opinion after hearing mine. In any event, I was called ignorant and uneducated, and THAT I simply will not stand for. You can call me a bitch you can call me rude, whatever, but DO NOT insult my intelligence. In the most recent email I was told that the members of our military do not join to fight for our country or preserve democracy (because we aren't democratic apparently), but they join for the monetary compensation. Why is it that people seem to think members of our military make a lot of money? If that was the case then why is there wood holding up a window in my car? That is just an utterly outrageous and ridiculous idea. She even had the gall to say that the men and women who are over in Iraq protecting our country and fighting for us are idiots. Idiots!!!! My skin is crawling and I want to throw up. I respect that people will have political views that different from mine, because thats one thing that is great about our country. But I will not stand for someone who does not support our troops, because that is inhuman, heartless and cruel. There is no reason not to. There are some troops over in Iraq who probably disagree with the war and why we are there, but nonetheless they are still over there, because that is their job, they did not have the choice to stay home and parade around with signs protesting the war and making unfounded commentary to complete strangers. I am outraged beyond belief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a bleeding heart and I think this person sounds like a freakin' moron. Debate the war that's your right, support the troops while they fight. I have that on a t-shirt. It's yellow. Stop talking to this churro!