Been on vacation the past few days....will be on vacation until the end of the week. The fam is in OBX and it is awesome. We have the most beautiful house, RIGHT on the beach, it is so wonderful to go to sleep to the sound of the ocean like I did when I was younger and we lived in Carlsbad. The house also has a pool which is nice because the wall around it keeps some of the breeze out so even when its too chilly to be down at the beach you can still hang out at the pool with your pina colada. Unfortch I have reading for school to do and can't read The Davinci Code like I had planned, oh well. Tonight we put the hot tub and the sauna to use...so great! We decided to do it every night before bed, its so relaxing. This place is wonderful, the moment we walked in the door relaxation just flows over you. Eddie was here over the weekend but had to go back to camp lejeune on Sunday night (boo). We did get a chance to take the truck down onto the beach to use the 4WD. We saw the wild horses! This area is known for its herds of wild horses that roam the sand dunes and beach, apparently they used to just wander into town. I was so stoked that we actually saw them! They are relatively tame, in that you can drive your vehicle near them and they dont get spooked. There was even a little baby horse! SO CUTE! Its legs were way too long for its body and it was a bit wobbly. We are hoping that Eddie will be able to come back Wed or Thurs, so keep your fingers crossed! Dad and Uncle David are cooking up a storm, as usual and the wine is constantly flowing. I have taken a nap every single day we have been here, its so nice to just do nothing. Dad and Uncle David took the kites out today and got all 3 in the air. Tomorrow night we are going to attach a glow stick to one, that outta weird out the neighbors...just seeing this green light glowing in the sky. Apparently the family is going to build a sand castle tomorrow, I am pretty excited about it, I guess dad and uncle david are going to ace hardware to get shovels and buckets and all that, it should be interesting to say the least...maybe we'll create something spectacular!
The weather has been absolutely fabulous! We werent sure how it was going to be considering summer hasnt really come yet, the first week of summer really kicks off next weekend but luckily we have had nice days. Its just warm enough to lay out and then it gets cool in the evenings. I havent enjoyed a vacation like this in a long time, although I guess I havent really had a vacation in a long time. I love going to visit family and all that, but it never really counts as a vacation because there are always so many people to see and things to do. This is a REAL vacation where I dont have to do anything, and I can nap and read a book all day long.
It's going to be hard to go back to work and class next week....
Monday, May 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lucky you!!!
Post a Comment