Well here I am, on the eve my 27th birthday and I've decided to start blogging again. I took a break for a bit while Eddie was deployed, now that he is home safe here I am. My pal Timmi Chimi Chunga inspired me to get back into the habit of blogging, because it "flexes the writing muscle" and boy do my muscles need flexing.
So...what have I been up to? Well, I've only got two more weeks of classes left and graduation is coming up on May 10. I'm really stoked about graduation, my parents from CA are flying is, as is my bestest pal Janessa, and my parents from VA will be traveling here as well. It should be a good celebration and I am really excited. It seems like I've been working my entire life to get to this point and I can hardly believe it is almost here. The next few weeks are going to be utter madness. I have a lot of work that is coming due and I've already felt overloaded the entire semester. I'm getting ready to buckle up and hang on for dear life, but I know there's a HUGE BRIGHT LIGHT at the end of this tunnel.
Along with school I've got the whole work thing going on and keeping me even busier than my classes. I'm working as a part time reporter at the newspaper here in town, The Daily News. Right now I'm covering the Swansboro, Cedar Point, Carteret area an whatever else comes my way. I'm really enjoying writing on a regular basis outside of school, it's been quite an experience so far.
Eddie returned home in February from his year in Iraq and it has been great to have him home. It's been nice not to have to work up all the courage I can muster just to kill a spider or take out the trash in the dark since he's been back.
Tomorrow is my birthday, and for the first time in my life I'm not looking forward to it. Something about turning 27 isn't sitting well. I guess I thought I would have done more with my life at this point or something - I guess I don't really know. Maybe it's my quarter-life crisis a few years too late. Even so, tomorrow I'll put my brave face on and wear some pink - because pink always makes me feel a little more like myself, and it always makes me feel a little better.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Molly,
I cannot tell you how proud I am of you!! This light at the end of the tunnel is just the beginning to such an amazing beginning. I can only remember a girl 8 years ago asking me to cover her shift (which was an overnight inventory shift...) and the same girl I randomly connected with when us Gap Girls went to the Grad. I can only thank some lucky star that I have you as the most amazing friend in the universe; you inspire me to strive for my dreams and you give me the hope that they will happen. Happy 27 and I CANNOT wait to see you, the hubby... the furry kids.. and the long anticipated deck in 1 month!! :)
Yay - you're back! Happy Happy Birthday!!
I'm adding you to my links - how special are you? You're going right above post secret and food mayhem - holy beef, batman!
Hi Dollie,
I hope that the B-day song was good 4 you. The dogs started to howl at me.The finger is comming along nicely.Remenber I used to work for the paper once, I del. on Jefferson st. in Carlsbad.I LOVE you lookig 4ward to grad-day.
DAD.
Me too! I am proud too! Just like Janessa and I LOVE the name Janessa. I just like saying "Janessa."
JAH-NESS-AAAAH.
Happy late 27 and happy blogging!
Post a Comment