Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bummed

Well, we found out that Navy Federal denied us on our first attempt at a home loan, talk about a blow to the ole self esteem. It's frustrating because the market is so crazy down in NC right now that homes are selling the day they are put on the market. So, in order to even really start looking for a home we have to have a pre-approved loan amount so we can put contracts down and secure a home if we like it. So, any houses that I am seeing now that I am interested in are probably going to be sold by the time we can even think about looking. It's just very discouraging.

Since the mood is already dim, I might as well add that I found out on Sunday (Fathers Day) that my childhood dog Henry died. We all knew it was coming, he was really old, could hardly see or walk and was skin and bones, but that doesnt make it any easier in the end. At least I know that gramma Dow is taking care of him now.

Ok, so everyone send us out some good house-hunting, loan-getting vibes so we can buy a house before we have to move to NC!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww. i am so sorry about Henry :( I miss that lil' guy already. he was always my favorite too.. :(