Well first let me just say I have just read, according to People Magazine that Ryan Reynolds and Alanis Morisette have broken up! It has made my week...the canadian humerous hottie is single again!!!!!!
On to business: We've started the hunt for a home in NC, the prospect of owning our own home is so exciting I can hardly stand it. I really just can't wait for the dogs to have their own yard to run around in. Eddie has been driving around the area scoping out neighborhoods and looking at some of the houses we have seen online. Right now we are in limbo, waiting to hear from the bank to see if we get pre-approved for a loan. Once we get pre-approved we can start the search with force. Apparently the market in NC is so fierce that when you go look at a house, if you like it you need to put a contract on it immediately and the realtor I have been working with said that there are bidding wars going on over the weekends where people are paying over the asking price to secure a home. We are looking to get approved for 135,000 although ideally we would like to find a home for under 130,000.
Every day I search several real estate sites to see if there are new listings. One of the sites I visit is called militarybyowner.com where obviously families in the military list their homes for sale. Today I found the most perfect house, of course it was out of our price range at 140,000. Check it out and send me $10k so we can buy it :)
http://militarybyowner.com/listings/tourplus.asp?F_BASE_ID=189&F_STATE=NC&LISTING_ID=7566
But seriously, its 4 bedroom 2 bath and the master bedroom has a freaking fireplace in it. Not only that but it has a huge fenced in yard with a pool. They also include some extras such as brand new kitchen appliances, a corner table for the kitchen, a trampoline, a shed AND a freaking RIDING LAWNMOWER! All the extras add up to the extra 10k. Even though it is out of our price range I am still keeping it in mind. I emailed the owners to see if the home is even still available, because as I have come to find out, many homes are already under contract but still being listed as up for sale. We shall see...I will keep you posted.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
... it is still really weird to hear you talk about buying a home... crazy. i still imagine you and me drinking Hooch before the Grad..
Post a Comment