Thursday, June 08, 2006

left my galoshes at home

It started to rain during the last 30 minutes of class and when class let out, it was still raining, pretty hard I might add. So I ran to my car, managing to step in every single puddle in the parking lot with my flip flops. There isn't much worse than wet flip flops (except wet jeans, and having to put on a wet bathing suit). I decided to listen to the XM classical channel which I sometimes like to do on my way home from class. I enjoy the drive home at night listening to the soothing music, it chills me out which was def. helpful tonight as I attempted to drive in the pouring rain. The lightning was fantastic! I can't remember the last time I saw an actual lightning bolt. The sky would completely light up and it was this unique color that wasn't quite purple or pink or blue.

Now I'm home and dry and enjoying some tea :)

PS to Aunt DD-there was no hydroplaneing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww.. i love rain and flip flops.. but i am funny like that!! glad you enjoyed the storm! :) miss you girl